Men in Uniform Reading Challenge
hosted by The Book Vixen
- Runs January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011(books read prior to 1/1/11 do not count towards the challenge). You can join at anytime – Sign up on The Book Vixen’s blog.
- The goal is to read as many novels that involve men in inform as you’d like. It can be a policeman, firefighter, paramedic, Army, Navy, Marine Corp., etc. – As long as the leading man wears some sort of uniform, it counts. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. Nothing is set in stone; you can change levels at any time during the challenge.
- Books can be any format (bound, eBook, audio).
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are fine.
- You can list your books in advance or list them as you read them. It is not required that you review the books you read for this challenge but feel free to do so.
- Post this reading challenge on your blog so you can keep a list of the books you’ve read for this challenge. Please include a link back to this post so readers can join the challenge too.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate. You can keep tabs on books you’ve read for this challenge on Goodreads or LibraryThing if you’d like (maybe make a shelf for “Men in Uniform Reading Challenge”). If you are not on either of those sites then you can list the books you read for this challenge in the comments on my wrap-up post, which will be up at the end of 2011.
Sergeant – Read 1–5 men in uniform novels
Lieutenant – Read 6–10 men in uniform novels
Captain – Read 11–15 men in uniform novels
Chief – Read 16+ men in uniform novels
At this moment, I am
going for the Lieutenant level at the Captain level. Here is my list of books for this challenge (links go to my review):
- Sugar Creek by Toni Blake
- Flat-Out Sexy by Erin McCarthy
- Hard and Fast by Erin McCarthy
- Hot Finish by Erin McCarthy
- Deadly Fear by Cynthia Eden
- Bad Girl by Night by Lacey Alexander
- Cover Me by Catherine Mann
- Yours to Keep by Shannon Stacey
- The Chase by Erin McCarthy
- Something About You by Julie James
- Turn It Up by Inez Kelley
- The Ideal Man by Julie Garwood
- In Seconds by Brenda Novak
- Only Yours by Susan Mallery
- If You Hear Her by Shiloh Walker
- Spider’s Bite by Jennifer Estep
- Web of Lies by Jennifer Estep
- The Heart of a Killer by Jaci Burton
- The Storm That is Sterling by Lisa Renee Jones
- Hot Zone by Catherine Mann
- Baby, I’m Yours by Stephanie Bond
- Only Us by Susan Mallery
I excelled at this reading challenge! I made it all the way to the Chief level. Woot woot!