I only read 4 books in July. I’ve been in a bit of a reading slump lately. Plus my mom is here on vacation so that’s where my mind is at. This month (August) I’ll be reading Rose Harbor in Bloom by Debbie Macomber, The Derby Girl by Tamara Morgan, and Heart of Venom by Jennifer Estep.
TOP PICKS for July: J9’s top pick is Parting Shot by Mary Calmes, which she gave 5 frogs. My top pick is The Story Guy by Mary Ann Rivers, which I gave 4 frogs.
J9 got me a Netflix gift subscription (thanks buddy!!) and I got sucked into Netflix's original series Orange is the New Black. I watched season one in like two days. J9 tells me that the show just got picked up for a second season and
filming has yet to start I just found out that production for season two has just started. I’m guessing season two will premiere next summer, which is soooo far away. Huge cliffhanger at the end of season one so consider yourself warned. I did pick up the novel (the show is based on the memoir of the same name penned by Piper Kerman) from the library. I'm curious to see how the show differs from what actually took place.
I’m also watching Under the Dome, the TV series adaptation based on Stephen King’s novel. It’s interesting but I’m wary. I’m taking it one episode at a time and I’m not sure if I’ll keep watching. My biggest fear is that aliens are involved/responsible (don’t tell me!!!) and I don’t do aliens. I’ll keep watching for now, until I get bored, but I may decide to drop the show and read the book instead. I really hope the show doesn’t drag on but with it being picked up for a second season, I think that’s what’s going to happen.
On the lookout for Kindle Deals? We've got 'em! They're listed in the sidebar and divided into the following categories: Contemporary Romance, Harlequin, Historical Romance, Holiday Romance, M/M Romance, Military Romance, New Adult, Paranormal Romance, Romantic Comedy, Romantic Suspense, Sports Romance, Time Travel Romance, Urban Fantasy, and Western Romance. If you know me, you know I can’t get enough of Kindle Deals. (Never you mind that my TBR mountain is 700+ books deep.)
Books Reviewed on TBV:
- The Wicked by Thea Harrison – 3 ½ frogs
- Pickup Men by L.C. Chase – 3 frogs
- The Story Guy by Mary Ann Rivers – 4 frogs
- Shades of Gray by Brooke McKinley – 5 frogs
- Zero at the Bone by Jane Seville – 4 frogs
- Snowball in Hell by Josh Lanyon – 4 ½ frogs
- Operation: Endurance by Christi Snow – 3 ½ frogs
- Freefall by Jill Sorenson – 4 frogs
- American Love Songs by Ashlyn Kane – 3 frogs
- Heart of the Race by Mary Calmes – 3 frogs
- Two of a Kind by Susan Mallery – 2 frogs
- Heart of Stone by Ari McKay – 4 frogs
- Deputy Joe Series by James Buchanan – 3 ½ frogs
- The Hostage Bargain by Annika Martin – 4 frogs
- Side Line by Ben Ryder – 1 frog
- Parting Shot by Mary Calmes – 5 frogs
- Directing Traffic by Charley Descoteaux – 2 frogs
- Promises Made Under Fire by Charlie Cochrane – 3 ½ frogs
- Pick Your Pleasure by Jayne Rylon – 3 ½ frogs
- Bending Over Backwards by Samantha Hunter - 3 frogs
- Shattered Emotions by Carrie Ann Ryan – 3 frogs
- Love, Like Water by Rowan Speedwell – 4 ½ frogs
- Motorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley – 4 frogs
- SEAL of Honor by Tonya Burrows – 4 frogs
- Idaho Battlegrounds by Sarah Black – 3 frogs
- Waiting for Ty by Samantha Ann King – 4 frogs
- Three Little Words by Susan Mallery – 3 ½ frogs
- Diversion by Eden Winters – 4 ½ frogs
- Improves with Age by Lavinia Lewis – 3 frogs
- Author Dee J. Adams talked about doing the wrong thing for the right reason.
- Book Spotlight: Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella
- Series we need to catch up on.
- My open letter to authors and publishers discussing my want for more interactive romance novels.
- In My Pocket.
- My Bookish Wants & Gots.
- Our bookish confessions.
- Covers were revealed for Reaper’s Legacy by Joanna Wylde and Kiss of Venom by Jennifer Estep.
- Series we’ve been meaning to read.
- It's Brazen's birthday and they are celebrating with ebook deals and more!
- Author Dee Tenorio talks about the author and talking about yourself.
- Favorite couples from romance novels.
- Brianna interviewed debut author Mary Ann Rivers.
- In My Pocket: More Plagiarism, Attack on Book Bloggers, and More
- THE VRIGIN'S REVENGE and TRUST IN ME by Dee Tenorio – ENDS 8/6 (INT)
- THE STORY GUY by Mary Ann Rivers – ENDS 8/9 (INT)
2013 Reading Challenges/Goals Status Report:
- Outdo Yourself – 53/100
- Men in Uniform – 7/5
- Nicholas Sparks – 0/4
- Romantic Suspense – 6/13
- Contemporary Romance – 23/10
- Read 100 books – 53/100
- Read 24 books from TBR Pile – 4/24
- Read 12 Freebies from TBR Pile – 1/12
How was your July? What are you planning to read in August? Watching any good shows? Do you Watch OITNB or UTD?