This round of Bloggiesta runs from September 20th – 22nd.
Bloggiesta is a 3-day blog-a-thon where you try to complete as many things on your blog to-do list as you can. I constantly have a never-ending to-do list, so I look forward to Bloggiesta. Here is everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, on my list:
- Check out the new mini-challenges.
- Check out other participants’ starting line post and cheer people on.
- Find new-to-me blogs.
- Participate in at least one Twitter chat.
Routine Blog Maintenance:
- Back up blogs and import to WP.
Cross post my reviews to Goodreads and NetGalley. Cross post all reviews to Pinterest.
- Go through all Pages and update as need be.
- Update reading challenge page.
- Update Reviews by Author index.
- Update Reviews by Title index.
- Clean out sidebar.
Update recent review section.
- Update current giveaways section.
- Catch up on writing my reviews.
- Schedule J9’s reviews.
- Format upcoming reviews.
- Format and schedule future Thursday Thirteen posts.
- Format month in review post for September.
- Format next My Bookish Wants & Gots post.
- Write up sign-up posts for all 2014 reading challenges I am hosting.
- Decide on whether or not I will do a review link up post for all 2014 reading challenges I am hosting. Might create a Facebook group for each reading challenge or just have the sign-up post.
Try Something New:
- Try out rotating ads.
- Try making a 3D book cover with GIMP.
- Try out a different sharing widget/code.
Try out a different related posts widget/code.Dropped Link Within and decided to go with nRelate. Best decision ever! Try out a password protected page.Did it! I don’t currently have a use for this, but it’s good to know how to do it.
- Check for broken links.
- Create new business cards.
- Import Goodreads to LibraryThing.
- Update old reviews with current format.
- Customize email subscription confirmation email.
- Update tabs on Facebook page.
- Update navigation drop down menu to indicate that there’s another menu to see.
- Apply for Twitter cards.
As you can probably tell by the crossed off items, I got a head start on tackling my list. I hope to get 95% of the items on my list completed. Yeah, I’m reaching high. But there some items that have been on past Bloggiesta to-do lists that never get touched, so I’m determined to get them done.
I’m hosting a mini-challenge on How to Use IFTTT to Automate Your Online Activities (and More!), so be sure to check it out. You can also check out my previous mini-challenges, How to Use Pocket to Save Time and Backing Up Your Blog, as well as the entire list of current and previous Bloggiesta mini-challenges.
Are you participating in this round of Bloggiesta? If so, leave a comment with a link to your starting line post and I’ll stop by.