Thursday Thirteen is a weekly meme with a simple theme: each Thursday you blog a list of 13 things. What kind of things? Any kind! Just come up with a list theme and run with it.
- Celebrity falls in love with commoner. This is one of my favorite tropes. I love seeing how the commoner deals with the instant celebrity status that comes with dating a celebrity. It’s how the commoner deals with it that is the deciding factor for me.
- Friends to lovers. Who doesn’t love a good friends to lovers romance? Being friends first makes for a sturdier foundation in the relationship.
- Brother’s best friend. Especially when their relationship is secret at first.
- Billionaire. Makes for fun reading.
- Enemies to lovers. Bring on the tension and the angst! It does make for great sex.
- Mistaken identity. I like to see how these pan out. How long will the real identity remain secret? How will they react?
- Opposite side of the tracks. The struggles. Trying to relate. The adjustment. I like it all.
- Friends with benefits. Casual hook ups turn into something more, and it usually surprises one or both parties.
- Unrequited love. Usually the crushee is secretly in love with the crusher.
- One night stand turns into something more. Love happens when you least expect it.
- When the hero wants something more and the heroine thinks she wants a fling. I love it when the guy wants more.
- Forbidden love. Loving someone you shouldn’t can be great reading material.
- Damaged leads finding their HEA.
- Friends to lovers.
- Wallflower is noticed by the rake.
- Enemies to lovers.
- Plain/average leads get the hottie.
- Leads with different socio-economic backgrounds.
- Steampunk world building.
- Men in uniform.
- Opposites attract.
- Couples who are forced together due to circumstances (AKA, marriage of convenience).
- Romances with mature leads.
- Interracial relationships.
- Marriage of convenience.
What are some of your favorite romance tropes?