Thursday Thirteen is a weekly meme with a simple theme: each Thursday you blog a list of 13 things. What kind of things? Any kind! Just come up with a list theme and run with it.
Here are Brianna and J9’s favorite romance reads so far this year:
1. Shield of Winter by Nalini Singh (J9 gave this 5 frogs) – A perfect read with a passionate and heartwarming romance and an edge-of-your-seat plot wrapped up in a captivating sci-fi world.
2. A Better Man by Jaime Reese (J9 gave this 5 frogs) – MM romance fans should read this book because of the great leads, strong relationship progression and captivating storytelling.
3. The Countess Conspiracy by Courtney Milan (J9 gave this 5 frogs) – A MUST read for historical romance fans.
4. Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan (Brianna gave this 5 frogs) – Book crack. All consuming book crack.
5. Unbeautifully by Madeline Sheehan (Brianna gave this 5 frogs) – See #3.
6. Snowcroft Lost by Christi Snow (J9 gave this 4½ frogs and Brianna gave it 4 frogs) – As an MM reader this book had exactly the kind of relationship development that I look for in my romances.
7. Dirty Deeds by S.E Jakes (J9 gave this 4 frogs) – This is a raw and intense MM romance but readers should know this is going to be a serialized romance so be prepared for the huge cliffhanger!
8. The Truth About Riley by Henrietta Clarke (J9 gave this 4 frogs) – Uniquely told romance with very likable characters even with the tension drawn out a bit more than I would have liked.
9. Just A Dream by Heather Boyd (J9 gave this 4 frogs) – I liked this novella so well that I went back and bought the first three in the series!
10. Let It Ride by L.C. Chase (J9 gave this 4 frogs) – Wooo…this is a delicious book!
11. Decker’s Wood by Kirsty Dallas (Brianna’s review to come) – Great rom-com. And how often do you come across a romance novel where the hero is a porn star?
12. Devil’s Game by Joanna Wylde (Brianna’s review to come) – One of my favorite MC romance series.
13. In Your Corner by Sarah Castille (Brianna’s review to come) – Really good romance with an interesting secondary storyline to go along with it.
What have been some of your favorite reads of 2014 so far?