Thursday Thirteen is a weekly meme with a simple theme: each Thursday you blog a list of 13 things. What kind of things? Any kind! Just come up with a list theme and run with it.
Why Brianna loves Romantic Suspense:
- It blends two of my favorite genres - romance and suspense.
- The hero is usually a man in uniform.
- Action, and lots of it.
- Mystery. Love the 'who done it' aspect.
- The Intensity.
- Keeps me on the edge of my seat.
- Gets me thinking.
- Always learn something new. Lingo. Protocols. Weaponry. Tactics.
- The element of danger.
- Twists and turns.
- Sometimes the situations and/or locations are so outside my reach, it's fun to experience them from the safety of my couch.
- The adrenaline rush.
- At the end of the day, it all comes down to HEA.
Why J9 loves MM Romance:
- Because MM romance often has the couple explore their relationship in context of the world they live in where I find MF couples more isolated.
- I enjoy the complicated exploration of sexual identity in MM romance that is taken for granted in MF romance.
- I love to read about emotionally vulnerable men.
- The leads often have a friendship in MM romance that I find is sometimes missing in MF romance.
- I love the character growth in (good) MM romance.
- I enjoy the variety of settings in MM romance.
- I find it romantic that the leads in MM romance sometimes wear each others clothes (silly I know!).
- Men in MM romance aren't always rich or powerful but seem more realistic than men in MF romance.
- Physical perfection isn't a requisite for romance leads as I feel it often is in MF romance.
- I love to read men talking about their emotions.
- Historical MM romance is too rare and I love to read it when I find it.
- Two Dicks...
- Are better than one!
What is your favorite genre to read and why?