In My Pocket is a weekly feature where J9 and I share some of the links we’ve collected in Pocket. (To find out what Pocket is and how to use it, check out my tutorial on Pocket.) Some links will be book-related while some may be off-topic. Who knows what you’ll find in our Pocket ;) And if you use Pocket, we invite you to share what’s in your Pocket as well.
In Brianna's Pocket:
- This is not a photograph but a realistic finger-painting of Morgan Freeman. A-maz-ing.
- I love hearing how other Americans say different words, like ‘soda’, “rollie pollie’, and others. Standing ON line? That’s different, and interesting. I get a kick out of J9 calling soda ‘pop’. LOL
- Got a minute? Here’s a mashup of the 20 most overplayed songs of 2013. Got another minute to spare? Here’s a mashup of commercial jingles.
- If you ever find yourself at the grocery store wondering how many eggs you have, you could use the wi-fi egg tray.
- If you like gymnastics, you gotta watch this video. The synchronization is off a bit but the positions they execute are amazing.
- If you live in California, sorry, but someone has already snagged a KATNISS license plate. I’m curious to know how long ago that person got the plates.
- Last month I changed the navigation menu here on The Book Vixen and I did it with Ashley's (from Nose Graze) drop-down navigations tutorial. It worked like a champ. I love sharing what worked for me with others, so if you’re looking for a drop-down navigation menu, there you go.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt has a new television show called ‘HitRECord on TV’, which debuts in January 2014 on the Pivot network. It’s going to be a half hour variety show. Watch the HitRECord on TV trailer.
- How well do you remember movies from the 90s? Take the quiz and find out. I got a score of 4079. It’s a timed quiz but I got all the answers right. If you take the quiz, let me know how you did.