One of the best parts about book blogging is the exposure to books and authors you might never have heard of before. Pimp the book you think needs more recognition on this day. Get creative! Maybe share snippets from other bloggers who have reviewed it or make some fun art to get your message across.
This is a difficult question to answer. First of all, it’s telling me to pimp one book, ONE, that needs more recognition. Do you know how hard it is to pick just ONE book, no matter the question?!! Okay, let me pick my brain for a moment…..
Got it! And I’m totally cheating here because it’s not a book, but a series that I don’t think gets the recognition it deserves.
The Ganzfield series by Kate Kaynak.
DO NOT let the book covers fool you. I am not a fan of the covers but the magic is in the storytelling. Hands down, this one of the most unique and exciting YA Paranormal Romance series I’ve read. I’ve only read the first 3 books so far (there are 7 books total in the series) and it’s been over a year since I’ve read book 3 BUT I still think about Maddie and Trevor to this day.
Here are my reasons why you should read this series:
- No vampires or werewolves in this series but you still get a wide range of paranormal elements.
- There’s romance.
- Great world building.
- Relatable characters that are likeable.
- Author starts every book with a “Previously, at Ganzfield….” section. I absolutely LOVE this! The author provides a short recap of what went down in the previous book, so I never felt lost. I really wish more authors did this, especially with series where each book is a continuation from the last.
- The series gets better and better with each book.
- If Harry Potter and the Fantastic Four are your thing, you’ll love this series.
- The first book, MINDER, is only $2.99 for Kindle and Nook. That’s a great price to try this series out.
- If you need further convincing, feel free to read my reviews for Minder, Adversary, and Legacy.
What book (or series) do you think needs more recognition? And why? Pimp me!