In My Pocket is a new weekly feature we’re trying out where J9 and I share some of the links we’ve collected in Pocket. (To find out what Pocket is and how to use it, check out my tutorial on Pocket.) Some links will be book-related while some may be off-topic. Who knows what you’ll find in our Pocket ;) And if you use Pocket, we invite you to share what’s in your Pocket as well.
In J9's Pocket:
- I enjoyed Ava March’s erotic MM regency novella Object of His Desire and heard she wrote a free story sequel so had to read it. (via All Romance)
- My family and I are making a conscious effort to eat organic and local so someone tweeted this website to fact check the "local" label on milk and I had to check it out. And yes, my "local" milk really was local! (via Where is My Milk From?)
- I am a Wookie-sized Star Wars fan so the news that George Lucas sold the franchise to Disney was a HUGE deal in our house. We had to see what the man himself had to say! (via YouTube)
- Steampunk Kung-Fu movie review? HELLS YEAH! (via Smart Bitches, Trashy Books)
- As an official Avon Addict I check their website often for new releases, author posts, and giveaways. (via Avon Romance)
In Brianna's Pocket:
- Gmail has a new feature that allows you to compose a new email while still being able to reference other emails, at the same time. This will be handy for me when emailing winner info to giveaway sponsors. (via Mashable)
- I think most are at least somewhat aware of the superstorm Sandy. Here’s some pictures that show the destruction the storm caused that puts things into perspective. Like the panorama shots of the Manhattan skyline where half the city is in the dark. (via Mashable)
- Rachel of Fiktshun and Jaime of Two Chicks on Books have launched a book tour site - Rockstar Book Tours. If you like to participate on tours, you can sign up to be a host. For authors and publishers/publicists, they provide their services free of charge. (via Rockstar Book Tours)
- The Goodreads Choice Awards are here. You can cast your vote in the Opening Round from now until November 10th. (via Goodreads)
- And I leave you with this tweet of the week:
Note to self: "I screamed" and "I creamed" are two very different things. Remember the S.— Amanda (@BookBender) November 1, 2012
What do you think of this feature – is it a keeper? Any of the links interest you? Leave a comment and let us know.