In My Pocket is a new weekly feature we’re trying out where J9 and I share some of the links we’ve collected in Pocket. (To find out what Pocket is and how to use it, check out my tutorial on Pocket.) Some links will be book-related while some may be off-topic. Who knows what you’ll find in our Pocket ;) And if you use Pocket, we invite you to share what’s in your Pocket as well.
In J9's Pocket:
- I *adore* year end lists like a Hollywood wife loves her botox. This is the MM Romance 2012 Member Choice Awards nomination ballots so I got to nominate a lot of my favorite MM romance from this year. Don't worry, Ms. Brianna and I are planning our Best Reads of 2012 post and my favorite MM romance will be on that. (via Goodreads)
- I am a proud sci-fi nerd but also a socially minded one. (via Cracked)
- Peanut butter pretzel bites, where have you been all my life?! These are quick and easy enough my thirteen year old daughter made them with me with minimal eye rolling but I suspect it was so she could eat them while making them. (via Two Tiny Kitchens)
- My morning runs are increasingly cold as night temps dip into the 20's here in northern Indiana. This is my go-to article to brush up on what I need in order to keep my running schedule in the cold and wind. (via Runner’s World)
- 25% rebate on all Avon and Harper Collins books November 1-15. I love the rebates on ARe as it gets me free books quickly and their prices are comparable to the big e-book stores. Only bad thing is you will have to side-load the books to your e-reader but did I mention 25% rebate? (via All Romance)
In Brianna's Pocket:
- Looking for Harlequin books on Amazon just got a whole lot easier. I love how I can browse by line – i.e. Blaze, Desire, Romantic Suspense, Superromance, etc. (via Amazon)
- Looks like the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon will be turned into a TV series on Starz. I haven’t read the books yet but I’ve been meaning to. I started Outlander but only made it 80 pages in before putting it on the backburner. I was warned that the beginning was a bore fest (and it really is) but that things kick off when Claire jumps back in time. Maybe I’ll read it next year. (via Deadline)
- Black Friday is just around the corner and Walmart workers are organizing a nationwide strike on that day. Can you imagine the chaos that would ensue if they go through with it? Note to self: avoid Walmart that weekend. (via Mashable)
- You can now join Amazon Prime for $7.99/month. This is perfect and just in time for the holidays. You get the free 2-day shipping, instant streaming of movies and TV shows, and a Kindle book to borrow for free. I might just have to sign up for a month of Amazon Prime! (via Amazon)
- Sourcebooks is having a 25 Days of Christmas! An eBook Spectacular promotion. “Sourcebooks is feeling the spirit of the holiday season and we want to share it with you! We're giving you 25 Days of Christmas with daily discounts on our most popular ebooks! Sign-up here and wait for the daily deal to be sent to your inbox each morning.” (via Sourcebooks)
What do you think of this feature – is it a keeper? Any of the links interest you? Leave a comment and let us know.