In My Pocket is a new weekly feature where J9 and I share some of the links we’ve collected in Pocket. (To find out what Pocket is and how to use it, check out my tutorial on Pocket.) Some links will be book-related while some may be off-topic. Who knows what you’ll find in our Pocket ;) And if you use Pocket, we invite you to share what’s in your Pocket as well.
In J9's Pocket:
- I have a slight girl crush on Thea Harrison and have read everything she's written (usually on release day!) I'm super excited about this new "duology" and she had a cover reveal for the April release of book one. (via USA Today)
- I love to eat raw greens and am always prowling for recipes. Kale is an easy, cheap winter green so I was excited to find and try this raw kale salad recipe. It was totally yummy! (via Slate)
- Brianna and I have joined our blogging friend Samantha Cycles in a twitter challenge, #20minaday. It's been a great way to do a little something for ourselves ever day this month. Please join us! Samantha explains on her blog. (via Samantha Cycles)
- I've always been curious why we romance readers give so much rope to our heroes but are tough on heroines. This was an interesting exploration of the topic, not that I agree totally but it's still an insightful commentary on the subject. (via Kirkus Reviews)
- The Simpsons are my gospel. I quote them constantly and never fail to laugh even after all these years. When I heard Mr. Burns has a PSA explaining the fiscal cliff I *had* to watch, and then die of laughter. (via YouTube)
In Brianna's Pocket:
- Samantha has raved about IFTTT but I’ve been too intimidated to check it out. I get the impression that it can do A LOT and I’m afraid my OCD side will short out. But I’ve saved this article on IFTTT to read for later. (via Lifehacker)
- When I saw the Book Blogger Confessions topics for 2013, I mentioned it to J9 and she’s interested so we’re going to do it! (via For What It’s Worth)
- I like getting to know more about the
moobsmen that grace romance covers and found this interview with cover model Jason Aaron Baca. (via Laura Kaye)
- Movie rights for the Hush, Hush saga by Becca Fitzpatrick have been optioned. I’ve read the first 2 books so far. It’ll be interesting to see it on the big screen. (via EW)
- The Goodreads Choice Awards winners have been announced. Fifty Shades Freed won best Romance. Are you effin kidding me? And the runner up (Bared to You – which was WAY better than 50, granted I only read the first 50 book) was 14K votes behind. FOURTEEN THOUSAND. I’m very disappointed. (via Goodreads)
Because I’m nosey as hell and ‘sharing is caring’ and all that, leave us a comment and tell us what’s in your Pocket.