In My Pocket is a new weekly feature where J9 and I share some of the links we’ve collected in Pocket. (To find out what Pocket is and how to use it, check out my tutorial on Pocket.) Some links will be book-related while some may be off-topic. Who knows what you’ll find in our Pocket ;) And if you use Pocket, we invite you to share what’s in your Pocket as well.
In J9's Pocket:
- I admit to a certain embarrassment about reading romance and this was a stellar exploration of "why is our devotion to this lovely, affirming storytelling something we should hide, or apologize for?" (via npr books)
- I've always been concerned with privacy issues related to digital books and this was a scary article about the potential lack of privacy when buying digital books. (via MotherJones)
- This was a funny video of the Hip-Hop Librarians Busting a Move with music and books. (via Heroes and Heartbreakers)
- I make no qualms about being a Thea Harrison fan so I'm always curious if my opinion of her books is shared by others. Smash Attack Reads reviewed Harrison's new book, Lord's Fall, and said exactly my thoughts about this great book. (via Smash Attack Reads)
- I am a sucker for year end lists of all kinds and this one was about music. What I learned is I am way out of touch with modern music and had barely heard of most of these musicians or songs! ( via Slate)
In Brianna's Pocket:
- This week was all about Instagram. Since they announced their updated terms of service (that will take effect 1/16/2013), the internet exploded. Panic ensued, accounts were deleted, and Instagram backpedaled to try to save their asses. I’m currently exploring my options but I think I’m going to stick with Instagram and watermark my photographs. But the one good thing I discovered throughout this ordeal is that fact that you can export all your Instagram pictures and save them on your hard drive. Whether you intend to ditch Instagram or stay on board, it’s a great way to back up your pictures. (via Instaport)
- E.L. James made USA Today’s author of the year. The author of Fifty Shades of Grey (our joint review). Author of the year. Looking at the bright side, her books have gotten people to read so there’s that. (via USA Today)
- Jeaniene Frost has a new paranormal new adult series coming out! We probably won’t see the first book until Fall 2014 but I, for one, cannot wait! (via Jeaniene Frost)
- Looking for a giveaway tool/widget? Here’s a list. (via Spice Up Your Blog)
- You can get Santa to send someone a personal email. It’s so much fun! (via Santa Tracker)
- Amazon’s Top 2012 lists are out! Find out which customer’s favorites made the Top 100 Adult Print Books, Top 100 Adult Kindle Books, Top 100 Kids & Teens Books, and Top 100 Kids & Teens Kindle Books lists. (via Amazon)
Because I’m nosey as hell and ‘sharing is caring’ and all that, leave us a comment and tell us what’s in your Pocket.