In My Pocket is a new weekly feature where J9 and I share some of the links we’ve collected in Pocket. (To find out what Pocket is and how to use it, check out my tutorial on Pocket.) Some links will be book-related while some may be off-topic. Who knows what you’ll find in our Pocket ;) And if you use Pocket, we invite you to share what’s in your Pocket as well.
Just Brianna here this week. I recently discovered Flipboard and WHOA did my Pocket fill up quick! So my list this week is a little longer than usually.
In Brianna's Pocket:
- Wicked Little Pixie is looking for some reviewers. Snark required.
- We’re in the middle of the worst in the flu epidemic and the US is the worst place. Wash your hands people! And do it often.
- The 2013 Academy Award Nominees are in. Who are you rooting for?
- Watch celebrities read mean tweets about themselves. Like Selena Gomez and Simon Cowell. It’s pretty funny.
- A 13-year old boy gets an iPhone for Christmas with an 18-point contract! And you thought your cell phone provider’s contract was tough.
- Got a Kindle Touch? There’s a free software update out. Included in this update: view book covers of your titles (yes, please!); Time to Read feature (yes!!); About the Author feature (sounds pretty cool); and more.
- This guy won the 2012 National Geographic Photo Contest only to lose it quicker than you can blink an eye. And all because of a plastic bag.
- Have you ever been asked a weird interview question when applying for a job? Here’s 25 of the weirdest.
- Not only will Facebook allow ANYONE (including people outside your ‘network’ – i.e. people who you’re not ‘friends’ with) to send you a private message, they’re giving the sender the option to pay to have it delivered straight to your INBOX (instead of your ‘other’ box). What do you think of this? I’m thinking it might be time for me to delete my (personal) Facebook account.
Do you use Pocket? Feel free to share any links you found interesting in the comments on this post.