In My Pocket is a weekly feature where J9 and I share some of the links we’ve collected in Pocket. (To find out what Pocket is and how to use it, check out my tutorial on Pocket.) Some links will be book-related while some may be off-topic. Who knows what you’ll find in our Pocket ;) And if you use Pocket, we invite you to share what’s in your Pocket as well.
In J9's Pocket:
- Sarah MacLean's anticipated book No Good Duke Goes Unpunished went out for early review but to keep it spoiler-free, the epilogue has been removed from ARCs and will only be available in the full version released on November 26. I loved the book and will likely buy it for the epilogue.
- I adore Josh Lanyon's books and he wrote a great post relationship between authors and readers.
- I love cauliflower, though my family hates it and the way it stinks up the house. Still I'm always looking for new recipes so an herbed garlic cauliflower "rice" hit the spot.
- I work from home when I'm traveling so any time I see companies recalling workers to offices I get nervous!
- I nearly died laughing at Saturday Night Light's skit with Miley Cyrus about the Government Shutdown.
In Brianna's Pocket:
- Librarian confessions. Funny!
- Where astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson points out flaws from the movie Gravity. Very interesting stuff, stuff I would have never known had I not come across this article. It was still a great movie. The imagery was amazing and I highly recommend watching in IMAX 3D.
- Author Shiloh Walker has a new romantic suspense series coming out. The series is called Secrets & Shadows and is set in a small town. There will be three novellas, which will start releasing in Spring of next year, and three full length novels, the first of which will release next Summer. Shiloh Walker writes great, steamy romantic suspense and I can’t wait for this series.
- SOA fans will appreciate this – Anarchy Afterword. After each episode, show creator Kurt Sutter and some of the SOA crew talk about what went down.
- What’s that you say, you can’t get enough of SOA? Well, me either. If you’re ever in the LA area, you can drive around and check out some of the filming locations used in Sons of Anarchy. I am close enough where I could take a drive by tour but I don’t think the kids would be too thrilled.
- Here’s a mash up of songs that sound exactly the same.
- I love this ‘we’re having a baby’ photo set.
- I love checking out life hack tricks so I’m going to share some with you: 25 clever ideas to make life easier and 17 more tips to make your life easier. Dude! Store bed linens in a pillow case – GENIUS! And the one about clothes dryers is good to know.
- Wet paint prank – hilarious!!
- Did you know about Disney’s Disc Replacement Program? Disney will send you a replacement DVD or Blu-ray should the one you own gets damaged. It’s not free but at $6.95 per DVD and $8.95 per Blu-ray, it’s a whole lot cheaper than buying a new one.
- Looking for a way to schedule tweets? Here are 3 free Twitter tools to schedule tweets. I haven’t heard of any of them (I use HootSuite) but I figure they’d be worth a try.
- Even though I don’t drink coffee, I found 15 things you probably didn’t know about Starbucks and 13 Starbucks hacks pretty interesting. Pequods? Um no. Good thing the company went with the name of Pequod’s first mate.
- What a week of groceries looks like around the world. Talk about putting things into prospective. Very fascinating.
- I can’t remember where I saw this (I *think* it was on Samantha Cycles) but it’s very helpful: 6 best YouTube URL tricks.
- iOS 7 has been out for a little over a month now but here are some articles that you might find interesting: The complete iOS 7 guide; Top 7 secret iOS 7 tricks everyone needs to know; iOS 7 tidbits; more tricks iOS 7 users should know; and How to keep iOS 7 from sucking your iThing’s battery dry.
- And I leave you with terrible real estate agent photographs.