If you know me then you know how much I love Nicholas Sparks’ novels. He is one of my favorite authors of all time. He’s on my auto-buy list; If he writes it, I will read it. I don’t even need to read the blurb, I just know that I’m going to enjoy reading it. So I decided to host a challenge to get more people to read his novels; to share the love, if you will.
I know Nicholas Sparks may not be for everyone. His love stories do not always have a HEA. In fact, most of them don’t. But as the saying goes, Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. If you like a good love story, one that will capture your heart, take your breathe away and tug on your heart strings, then he is the man for the job. So what do you say – are you up for the challenge?
Nicholas Sparks Reading Challenge
hosted by The Book Vixen
- Runs January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011(books read prior to 1/1/11 do not count towards the challenge). You can join at anytime – Sign up on The Book Vixen’s blog.
- The goal is to read or re-read as many Nicholas Sparks novels as you’d like. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. Nothing is set in stone; you can change levels at any time during the challenge.
- Books can be any format (bound, eBook, audio).
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are fine.
- You can list your books in advance or list them as you read them. It is not required that you review the books you read for this challenge but feel free to do so.
- Post this reading challenge on your blog so you can keep a list of the books you’ve read for this challenge. Please include a link back to this post so readers can join the challenge too.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate. You can keep tabs on books you’ve read for this challenge on Goodreads or LibraryThing if you’d like (maybe make a shelf for “Nicholas Sparks Reading Challenge”). If you are not on either of those sites then you can list the books you read for this challenge in the comments on my wrap-up post, which will be up at the end of 2011.
First Date – Read 1–4 Nicholas Sparks novels
Going Steady – Read 5–8 Nicholas Sparks novels
Engaged – Read 9–12 Nicholas Sparks novels
Married – Read 13–16 Nicholas Sparks novels
List of Nicholas Sparks novels:
Message in a Bottle
A Walk to Remember
A Bend in the Road
Nights in Rodanthe
Three Weeks With My Brother
True Believer (read this first, before At First Sight)
At First Sight (read this after True Believer)
The Lucky One
The Last Song
If you need recommendations – like books with a HEA, or books geared towards a YA audience – let me know!
(why yes, that’s my personal collection of Nicholas Sparks books)
Review Link Up:
When you sign up, please put the name of your blog and the direct URL link to your blog post where the level you selected and your books will be listed, not a link to your blog’s home page.