In My Pocket is a new weekly feature we’re trying out where J9 and I share some of the links we’ve collected in Pocket. (To find out what Pocket is and how to use it, check out my tutorial on Pocket.) Some links will be book-related while some may be off-topic. Who knows what you’ll find in our Pocket ;) And if you use Pocket, we invite you to share what’s in your Pocket as well.
In J9's Pocket:
- I am a plain-Jane and I'm not embarrassed to admit it. And in romance I want the not-super-model-heroine to get the smokin' hot guy! And this is romance so it CAN happen. This was a great discussion on the subject. (via Heroes and Heartbreakers)
- This isn't my fetish but I'm always amazed at how people with a sexual fetish explain this to a partner. This was a great article on the subject. (via The New York Times)
- Before my e-reader I often made lists of books I'd die without on a deserted island. Now I just contemplate solar panels to keep my Nook charged but I still enjoy seeing what books are on other readers' deserted island lists. (via Smash Attack Reads)
- This story appealed to my inner Indiana Jones. I was a volunteer for an archeological dig when I was in my early twenties and while I hated being dirty, I loved finding bits of history. (via The New York Times)
- No surprise here but I loooove book lists. The Best of the Year lists are starting to be released so expect me to share a lot of these. Oddly enough, I'd only read 3 of the 10 Amazon.com Best of Romance for 2012 and wouldn't rate any of those higher than a 3 frog! (via Amazon)
In Brianna's Pocket:
- J9 totally stole that Amazon Best of 2012 link from my Pocket, I swear it!! (What is she doing in my Pocket?!!) Amazon’s list of Best Books of 2012 is here! I’m mainly interested in Romance and Teens so those are the categories I checked out. I’ve only read one book in the Romance category and none from the Teens category but I have a few on my TBR list. (via Amazon)
- The Baby-sitters Club series is coming to an ereader near you. I never read the series but I know quite a few people who have. Who’s excited? (via GalleyCat)
- I love deals so when I see My Favorite Mistake by Chelsea M. Cameron for 99¢ for Kindle, I’m tempted. Very tempted. Have you read it? Do I need to jump on this? (via Amazon)
- “About every nineteen seconds a mother loses her child to a water related illness.” <--- That right there breaks my heart. Let’s help Limecello make a difference for a worthy cause. (via Limecello)
- People Magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive has been announced – it’s Channing Tatum. No surprise there, right? They also list the Sexiest Man Alive by state, in which I think CA deserves a better man. Just sayin’! (via People)
- I love Sarah Silverman. She’s freaking hilarious and she shares a cool camera phone trick. Probably NSFW. (via Gizmodo)
Because I’m nosey as hell and ‘sharing is caring’ and all that, leave us a comment and tell us what’s in your Pocket.