In My Pocket is a new weekly feature where J9 and I share some of the links we’ve collected in Pocket. (To find out what Pocket is and how to use it, check out my tutorial on Pocket.) Some links will be book-related while some may be off-topic. Who knows what you’ll find in our Pocket ;) And if you use Pocket, we invite you to share what’s in your Pocket as well.
In J9's Pocket:
- I love Courtney Milan's books and she gives self-published authors an EXCELLENT reputation. She did an outstanding job explaining an author profit & loss in publishing.
- I have a Nook and have been fearful that Barnes and Noble may go out of business. Here's a fellow Nook owner who shares my worries.
- I found Abi Roux's Tumblr!!
- This YouTube channel for Bad Lip Reading has provided me with many hours of silly giggling.
- I adore homemade soups in the winter and this has a few recipes I'm going to try this frigid season (-24 here in windy Indiana as I write this!)
In Brianna's Pocket:
- A Pastor writes a snide remark on her Appleby’s receipt. The server (not the server who served this customer) who posted the receipt online got fired. And now the identity of the Pastor has been discovered and revealed. Wow.
- Need help deleting an online account? WikiCancel might be able to help you out. Even with deleting (not ‘deactivating’) your Facebook account.
- This height predictor will let you know if your kid is going to be tall or short when they grow up. Apparently I’ll have one of each (the baby is too young to determine).
- Hurry up and watch this Gangnam Style animation video (every time I bookmark this video and come back to it, the video’s been removed for copyright reasons – and new videos keep popping up). It’s AMAZING.