In My Pocket is a new weekly feature where J9 and I share some of the links we’ve collected in Pocket. (To find out what Pocket is and how to use it, check out my tutorial on Pocket.) Some links will be book-related while some may be off-topic. Who knows what you’ll find in our Pocket ;) And if you use Pocket, we invite you to share what’s in your Pocket as well.
Since it’s J9’s birthday today (and she’s busy stuffing her face with cake, like a birthday girl should be doing), it’s just me. But I have enough links to keep you busy ;)
In Brianna's Pocket:
- This was the best Super Bowl commercial. And in case you missed any (or all) of them, you can see them here. Just don’t watch the Go Daddy ‘Perfect Match’ one. (And if you do, don’t say I didn’t warn you.) And if you want to take a trip down memory lane, here’s some of the best Super Bowl commercials of all time.
- Mark your calendar! Parajunkee and The Bookish Brunette are hosting the first ever Twitter based Book Blogger Conference. It will take place April 1st through April 7th. There will be panels, giveaways, and awards. I’ve been nominated for the Twitter Queen Award (thanks to whomever nominated me!).
- I love ‘unusual’ stuff. If you do too, check out Jennifer Estep’s Unusual Frequently Asked Questions post. Fried Green Tomatoes?
- This article says Facebook may soon be tracking you at all times. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks it’s already happening but this article prompted me to remove the Facebook app from my iOS device. (And because Facebook owns Instagram, I’m still deciding whether or not I will continue using that app.) I only use Facebook via my computer and I log off as soon as I’m done (because they ARE Tracking your online activity when you’re still logged in).
- USPS to cease Saturday service starting August 5th. How do you feel about this? If it saves jobs, I’m all for it.
- Romance author Jessica Blair is really an 89-year old grandfather.
- The Grammys don’t want to see any lady bits this year. That means no side boobs or butt cheeks at the Grammys.
- The TV show Jeopardy used ‘Call Me Maybe’ lyrics as categories. File this under AWESOME!
- Remember the TV show Boy Meets World? Disney is creating a spinoff series Girl Meets World. And yes, Corey and Topanga will be in it.
- This is a very special link for my blogging buddy J9.