Thursday Thirteen is a weekly meme with a simple theme: each Thursday you blog a list of 13 things. What kind of things? Any kind! Just come up with a list theme and run with it.
- Computers. They make life a whole lot easier.
- Internet. I love how connected the world is with the internet. If the internet hadn’t come to be what it is today, I wouldn’t have even come to know some of my awesome friends.
- iPad. Having the internet available in a portable way is awesome.
- Digital Camera. I love being able to taken a bazillion pictures without worrying about wasting film. (And yes, with kids, taking a bazillion pictures is necessary to get ONE good one.)
- Mobile apps. There really is an app for everything.
- Cell phone. Best invention ever. I feel lost without it.
- Credit/debit cards. I hate carrying around cash.
- Video chat. So the kids (and I) can see Nana, who lives 1,000+ miles away. And it’s awesome that Nana gets to watch her grandchildren open presents live.
- Online shopping. I can do it in my pajamas and I don’t have to deal with the frustration of finding a parking spot during the Christmas shopping mad rush.
- YouTube. I love watching tutorials. I’m a visual learner so I need to see how something’s done.
- Email. I love the convenience of being able to send a message to someone in a matter of seconds, instead of a matter of days (or weeks, depending on how far away the person is from you) if you were to send a letter via the USPS.
- eBooks. I love being able to buy a book and reading it right then and there. Plus there’s the added bonus of having your entire reading library on hand.
- Rafflecopter. I praise the day Rafflecopter came into existence and saved me from the headache known as Google Docs/Forms.
- Twitter because I'd be lost without it.
- Email because how did people work in olden times?
- My cell phone so I can work anywhere.
- Caller ID on my cell so I can not answer when I'm not working!
- Ereader so I can have as many books as I want.
- My kindle app so I can sync my books between my phone and Paperwhite so I'm never without my current book.
- Flat screen televisions to save on space.
- Game consoles (yes, we have them all!).
- Wireless printing from laptop and cell phone.
- Home networks so I can access my laptop from my desktop and the reverse.
- Streaming movies so I never have to pay a rental late fee.
- DVR so I never watch a commercial unless it's a sporting event.
What are some tech things you’re thankful for?