Welcome to the ELEMENTAL ASSASSIN Series Read-Along discussion! Today we are going to discuss the third book in the series – Venom. THERE WILL BE SPOILERS FOR THIS SERIES, UP TO THIS BOOK! If you have read further on in the series, please refrain from commenting on any details from any of the other books. Let’s keep this discussion solely on the characters and events that take place in Venom and its predecessors.
To take part in the discussion, leave a comment on this post. You can address all of the discussion topics or just the ones that interest you. And feel free to bring up points that we didn’t mention.
We recommend that you subscribe to the comments on this post (you can subscribe even if you have yet to leave a comment) to stay connected to the discussion. That way you get the discussion straight in your inbox and can come back when you’d like to add something to the discussion.
And here we go!
“What are you looking at?” Bria snapped.
“Just you, detective.” Finn’s grin widened. “Just you.”
Finn grinned and held his arm out to me. “Ready for an evening of murder and mayhem?”
I grinned back. “Always.”
“You don’t remember me, do you, Gin?” Owen asked.
I raised my eyebrows at the sudden change in conversation. “Should I?”
He shrugged. “Maybe I’m a sentimental fool, but when a girl saves your life, you hope she remembers you after the fact.”
“And what happens if you’re wrong?” Finn asked.
My stomach tightened, and I stared out into the darkness. “Then I’ll fuck him once, and when we’re done, I’ll stab him where he lies.”
“That’s hard core, Gin” Finn replied. “Very hard core. Kind of kinky too.”
A grim smile tightened my lips. “That’s me. Gin Blanco. Hard core and kinky to the bitter end.”
I’m just wondering how exactly I went from being the Spider to the Robin fucking Hood of the greater Ashland area... Instead of stealing from the rich, I’m stabbing them to death for the poor.
Finn did what he always did when confronted by an angry woman—he checked out her boobs.
- Do you find it ironic that Bria is taking Donovan’s position at the Police Department? She’s even a ‘good cop’, just like he is. Two peas in a pod, those two.
- Do you think Donovan is just temporarily out of the picture or is he gone for good? Do you think there’s a chance he might hook up with Bria, since they seem to share a commonality as far as ethics and morals go? Does Finn have a chance with Bria?
- Gin has come face-to-face with Bria quite a few times and yet she still hasn’t told Bria that she’s her sister. How long is Gin going to wait? Why is she prolonging the inevitable?
- Fletcher sent Bria almost the same exact folder of information he sent Gin. What do you think Fletcher’s intentions were? Why didn’t he do this when he was still alive?
- What are your theories on Sophia’s raspy voice and limited speech? Sophia told Roslyn the back story but no one else knows, not even Finn.
- Sophia is an air elemental. Jo-Jo tells Gin that she knows of only ONE person who can use their elemental power without anyone knowing. What do you make of this new piece of information?
- Now that Gin and Owen have done the deed, do you think Gin will pursue an actual relationship with Owen? Or do you think she’s still hung up on Donovan?
- Can Owen be trusted with Gin’s secret? He already knows so much about Gin. Could he have an ulterior motive? Was he searching Gin out because of the commonality they share, being that Mab killed both of their families?
- What were your thoughts on Gin and Owen using protection, in the shower no less?! [Ash] is always happily shocked when protection is used in romance scenes; it certainly doesn’t happen enough. Do you think it’s an important piece of writing romance or do you feel it doesn’t belong in books?
- Roslynn killing Elliott was a very “Burning Bed” ending for [Ash], minus the burning bed. It was really painful to see Roslynn go through that trauma, and we hear constant stories of women who “snap” and kill their abusers. Thoughts aside on the moral piece of this sticky situation, do you think this act helps heal from the abuse or does it compound the trauma?
- Gin has declared war on Mab Monroe. How do you think this will go down?