June went by in a blink of an eye, no? I’m a year older/wiser. Summer is here and it’s freakin’ hot than hell up in here. (Is it Fall yet?) I read 10 books this month. That’s the most I’ve read in a month this year with the exception of February, where I read 11 books that month. (And being that February is the shortest month of the year, how’d that happen?) I’ve been on a little break with my annual Birthday Extravaganza going on but I’m back in blogging mode now. I’m ready to tackle my never-ending to-do list.
TOP PICKS for June: J9’s top pick is The Mad Earl’s Bride by Loretta Chase, which she gave 4 ½ frogs. My top pick is Dare You To by Katie McGarry, which I gave 5 frogs.
J9 is running on E, meaning she has NO BOOKS in her TBR pile (how does that happen?!!). If you have a MM Romance you highly recommend, let her know in the comments.
And lastly, Google Reader has died. May it rest in peace. But never fear! You can follow The Book Vixen via Feedly, Bloglovin, and email. We’re also on Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads, LibraryThing, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Okay, on to the month’s recap.
Books Reviewed on TBV:
- Until Forever Comes by Cardeno C. – 3 ½ frogs
- Tiger Magic by Jennifer Ashley – 4 frogs
- The Mad Earl’s Bride by Loretta Chase – 4 ½ frogs
- The Summer He Came Home by Juliana Stone – 4 frogs
- Thrill Ride by Julie Ann Walker – 4 frogs
- Fear, Hope, and Bread Pudding by Marie Sexton – 4 frogs
- Torque by Chacelyn Pierce – 3 frogs
- All He Ever Dreamed by Shannon Stacey – 5 frogs
- Nature’s Bounty by J. Rose Allister – 4 frogs
- Halfway There by Susan Mallery – 4 frogs
- Prelude by Shira Anthony & Venona Keyes – 3 frogs
- Just One Kiss by Susan Mallery – 3 frogs
- The Fight for Identity by Andrew Grey – 3 frogs
- Dare You To by Katie McGarry – 5 frogs
- Her Warriors’ Three Wishes by Carrie Ann Ryan – 4 frogs
- Easy by Tammara Webber – 5 frogs
- A Casual Weekend Thing by A.J. Thomas – 4 frogs
- His Risk to Take by Tessa Bailey – 4 frogs
- Misunderstandings by Angel Rothamel – 1 frog
- Hooked for Life by J.L. Taft – 1 frog
- My Bookish Wants & Gots (28)
- 7 Books.
- Why Brianna loves romantic suspense and J9 love MM romance.
- The cover for Crash Into You by Katie McGarry was revealed.
- Things I’ve learned from book blogging.
- Where I reviewed the Kobo Aura HD.
- All Birthday Extravaganza giveaways are open until 7/7/2013. Most are open internationally. There are too many to list but if you click on that link you see them all or you can see the detailed list in the sidebar.
2013 Reading Challenges/Goals Status Report:
- Outdo Yourself – 49/100
- Men in Uniform – 6/5 – COMPLETED
- Nicholas Sparks – 0/4
- Romantic Suspense – 5/13
- Contemporary Romance – 21/10 – COMPLETED
- Read 100 books – 49/100
- Read 24 books from TBR Pile – 4/24
- Read 12 Freebies from TBR Pile – 1/12
How was your June? What are you reading this summer?