It’s September! That means school is back in session (YAY!). It also means that Fall is right around the corner, and thank goodness for that because I am sick of this heat. I’m still in a bit of a reading funk. I have DNF’d quite a few books lately, books that other people have really enjoyed, which makes me wonder is it me? These books didn’t grab me from the get go. I need something that is going to grab me by the shirt and pull me right in. Suggestions?
TOP PICKS for August: J9’s top pick is Six Degrees of Separation by Taylor V. Donovan, which she gave 5 frogs. My top pick is Heart of Venom by Jennifer Estep, which I gave 5 frogs.
The Book Vixen has a new look! If you’re reading this on our site you’ve probably noticed. If you’re reading this from your email inbox or your feed reader, come on by and check out our new design.
We have a survey for our readers and would love your feedback. If you complete the survey by 9 pm PST today (9/1), you will be directed to a Rafflecopter widget where you can enter to win up to $10 (USD) worth of books.
Looking for some Kindle Deals? I’ve got some posted in the sidebar. A few people have asked me if the links update, and yes, they do. So check back often.
Bloggiesta is coming! Bloggiesta weekend is September 20th – 22nd. I’ll be posting my starting line and finish line on my Tumblr. Do you have your to-do list ready? I always seem to have a never-ending to-do list. I’ll be doing a tutorial on IFTTT and hosting a mini-challenge here on the blog so look out for that.
Thank goodness my TV show is coming back soon. Scandal returns October 3rd. Still no word on when The Client List (don’t judge!) returns though. Guess they’re trying to figure out whether or not to write J. Hew’s pregnancy into the storyline and if so, who the show’s baby daddy is going to be. I gave up on Under the Dome. Answers about the damn dome are no where in sight and I can’t wait a whole ‘nother season for answers. I started reading the book, which is WAY different from the TV series (poor Angie) but it’s not grabbing me. I may just find a friend to spoil the whole thing for me.
Books Reviewed on TBV:
- The Heiress Effect by Courtney Milan – 4 ½ frogs
- Collusion by Eden Winters – 5 frogs
- Strongman by Denise Rossetti – 3 ½ frogs
- Claimed by Stacey Kennedy – 4 frogs
- Own the Wind by Kristen Ashley – 4 ½ frogs
- Private Dicks by Katie Allen – 4 frogs
- Beyond Duty by S.J.D. Peterson – 4 ½ frogs
- What There Is by Kate McMurray – 2 frogs
- Gold Lust by Sky Robinson – 2 frogs
- Love the Sinner by Avril Ashton – 4 ½ frogs
- Sinner, Savior by Avril Ashton – 4 frogs
- A Sinner Born by Avril Ashton – 3.5 frogs
- Lover’s Knots by Katherine Cross – 4 frogs
- Bending the Iron by Libby Drew – 3 frogs
- Sinner’s Fall by Avril Ashton – 4 frogs
- My Cowboy Heart by Z.A. Maxfield – 3 frogs
- Just What the Truth Is by Cardeno C. – 4 frogs
- Finding Zach by Rowan Speedwell – 4 frogs
- Mating Tomeo by A.J. Llewellyn – 3 ½ frogs
- Hide Out by Katie Allen – 4 frogs
- Six Degrees of Lust by Taylor V. Donovan – 4 frogs
- Heart of Venom by Jennifer Estep – 5 frogs
- Between Sinners and Saints by Marie Sexton – 4 ½ frogs
- Shadowlands by Charlie David – 3 frogs
- Six Degrees of Separation by Taylor V. Donovan – 5 frogs
- Undercover Sins by Hayley B. James – 2 frogs
- Amanda J. Greene revealed the cover for Caressed by Shadows, the 4th book in her Rulers of Darkness series.
- My Bookish Wants & Gots (30)
- Reasons I DNF a book.
- The Book Vixen is on Tumblr!
- Carrie Ann Ryan revealed the cover for Hidden Destiny, the 6th book in her Ryan’s Redwood Pack series.
- Books I push.
- Dmitri from Stacey Kennedy’s Claimed came by for a chat.
- Sidney Bristol talked about tattoos and her latest release The Harder He Falls.
- Things that make my life as a reader/book blogger easier.
- In My Pocket: A vibrator that syncs with audiobooks, how to kiss harder, and so much more!
- Things I like to do when not reading books.
- Read an excerpt from Two Wrongs, One Right by Katee Robert.
- Notice anything different? Why yes, The Book Vixen has a new look!
- (2) digital copies of Under His Skin by Sidney Bristol – ENDS 9/5 (INT)
- (5) print copies of Maggie’s Man by Alicia Scott– ENDS 9/11 (US)
- (1) digital copies of Southern Winterland (Book 0.5), Six Degrees of Lust (Book 1), 60 Percent Proof (Book 1.5), and Six Degrees of Separation(Book 2) by Taylor V. Donovan – ENDS 9/12 (INT)
2013 Reading Challenges/Goals Status Report:
- Outdo Yourself – 59/100
- Men in Uniform – 7/5
- Nicholas Sparks – 0/4
- Romantic Suspense – 6/13
- Contemporary Romance – 24/10
- Read 100 books – 59/100
- Read 24 books from TBR Pile – 4/24
- Read 12 Freebies from TBR Pile – 3/12
How was your August? What are you reading?